The slightest change can improve our life!
Heroes aren't born, they are Made!
Welcome To:- heroesofnation.blogspot.com
This is a Blog created by S. Adeel Akhtar, M. Hamza Zakir and M. Taha Qureshi. We are the students of BSS Gmbk and we study in Class VII-B! We have created this blog based on True Heroes to motivate and inspire people to follow some golden points which lead to becoming a true hero in life!

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Interview of a Poor Farmer still keeping Hopes High!

They are same humans as us, they also face problems but they have the courage to withstand every problem life throws at them.........!

INTERVIEW:-                                                                                                                             

Describe the nature of your farm.
I mainly grow feed crops. Feed crops are crops that are used to feed cattle. The crops that I grow are alfalfa, corn, and wheat. I do grow cotton and other when the prices for them are better.

How many years have you been in business?
I have been farming for twenty-seven years.

How many employees do you have?
I have three full-time employees and six to seven part-time employees.

Do you pay them hourly or are they salaried?
I pay them by the hour because sometimes they only work a few hours and other times they work many hours. Therefore, it wouldn't be fair for them to get a weekly or monthly salary year round.

How much do your employees earn each hour?
 I pay them six dollars a hour, but their wages increase the longer they work for me. For example, a new employee only gets six dollars an hour because they're just learning the required skills that they will need. On the other hand, a person who has worked for me for ten years has developed many skills, and, therefore, deserves more money.

How many hours do you work as the owner?
In the winter I work eight hours a day, but in the spring, summer, and fall I work twelve to fourteen hours a day. Many times a farmer's work depends on the weather. For example, if the crop needs water and it hasn't rained, I must irrigate my fields which can take many hours. At other times, I spend my time in checking my fields for pests. If I find them, I have to apply pesticides. If my machinery breaks down, I have to fix it. Of course, I must also make sure my crops get picked when they are ready.

What's the biggest problem in operating your business?
I think the biggest problem is the availability of water. I farm in an area that is normally dry. If it does not rain much during winter, then our reservoirs that store water from winter snows for spring and summer irrigating start to go dry. Sometimes I have to pay a high price for water.

6 comments:

  1. This blog is cool but it can be a lot better with some improvements (Advice: Change the wall paper its boring) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. really a nice Effort....one more thing....take the interviews n makeup dat into story n dn publish it....u can take pictures as well n post dm into ur post....:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahmer, thank you, and we have to select a background that goes with our stories!
    @ Miss Sabohi, we'll make sure to do that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awhh!
    Really itz so true :)
    Love this blog :D
    Plzzz visit our blog and follow it:
    http://save-people-srfkewl.blogspot.com/
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice blog...
    it helped in my project...
    thnk u blogger :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. where was this interview taken.where is this farm situated?

    ReplyDelete